View My Stats

Monday 1 February 2010

Nude Perfection

I am not a lip colour wear.  I have about 7-8 lipglosses, which I almost never wear, except when I'm wearing a full face of make up, which is almost never and only two lipsticks, both of which were purchase for a special occasion.

I went into MAC last weekend as I was wandering down Chapel St, so I thought I'd have a look see. 

The "Warm & Cosy" collection caught my eye right away!


maccosmetics.com.au

One of the reasons I don't wear lip colour is that I cannot find the perfect one.  Since I was 15, I have searched high and low for a nude beige/pink lipcolour.. the "newsreader" colour as I liked to call it.  Something that gave my lips a colour, but did not take away from the rest of me to scream lipstick! Yet still ensured I wasn't washed out and my teeth did not appear yellow.

Low and behold the MAGIC of MAC's amplied creme lipstick in the "Warm Me Up" colourway.

Warm Me Up is a creamy medium pink with a little warmed-up yellow in it. MAC says it’s a neutral pink, but I think it has a lil’ warmth in it still! It has a nice amplified finish, so it’s rich in pigmentation and goes on smooth and creamy and leaves my lips feeling moist and plump.

I am soooooooooooooooooo in love.  I am tempted to purchase another tube as it's limited edition.. but I will probably never get through it.  I'll see if I wear it all the time over the next 2 weeks before I decide whether to repurchase or not.

Here's some colour swatches and things I lifted off makeupalley.com and such.



Middle colour...


5 comments:

  1. I'm not too big on lipstick either. I live off my Victoria's Secret lip gloss and my Benefit lip stain. ;)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:23 pm

    Lipstick is so much fun but I'm not into gloss and goo
    http://pinacoladakisses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:54 am

    Buy a backup. Or check out Harlotte. I'm NOT a fan of most neutral lipsticks, but I like those. Lips But Better shades, every one of 'em.

    I am even less of a fan of gloss. But I do love my lip balm, especially the Hibiskiss ones a dear friend gave to me - kind of like lipsick lite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.