View My Stats

Monday 1 November 2010

Slow Monday

Today is one of those weird days.  Tomorrow is a public holiday in Melbourne for the running of a very important horse race - The Melbourne Cup - the "race that stops the nation".  We are all at work today, but busy with other things. 


Like eating lollies

And running sweeps while keeping a watchful eye on the weather.


I had every intension to going to a couple of race meetings for this year's carnival, but Melbourne decided to gift us with 5 weeks worth of rain in the space of 2 days.  Not very glamourous having your heels digging into the mud.  Even the VIP helicopters couldn't fly due the rain on Derby Day and Cup Day is not expected to be any better.

I intend to watch the race from the comfort of my couch.  Cheering on horse number 13, Manighar, which I picked up in the sweep.

I've busily been making a list of chores that I'll also be actioning tomorrow.

Baking white chocolate and raspberry cupcakes

Drinking many cups of tea

Watching season 6 of SATC.. my favourite to have on in the background as I'm busy ticking things off my to-do list


Finish an assignment, submit it and clean out the study/spare room/storage room 

Do some serious laundry (the hand wash only delicates are piling up)

And then iron it all! (ha!)
And topping off the day with dinner at our favourite Greek restaurant - Hellenic Republic - to celebrate our 2 year anniversary.  Already watering at the mouth at the thought of their saganaki with a fig reduction.

image via gggiraffe.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. Think your chores look quite glamorous in these photos ...! But the dinner to look forward to seems the best !! Enjoy and hope your horse comes first!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have a strong urge for a cupcake... :)

    http://californiacandy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures!
    Except for the food.
    Because I'm starving right now.
    xoxo.

    http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. going to a horse race always sounds so glamorous to me...i'm not sure why, haha :)

    and germany was incredible...i'm kind of in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. White choc & rasberry cupcakes sound DELISH! Is the white choc in the icing or in the cupcake? :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brig, the white choc is in the cake and the raspberries in the icing :))

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was in Melbourne right now! I would love a day off :) And your plans sound ideal! Love that tea cup pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmmmmm cupcakes+tea+candy+couch. all that sounds pretty much amazing to me!!

    hope you're hanging in there!

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! how did your chores go?
    Hope you're well xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:41 am

    great pictures

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. White chocolate and raspberry cupcakes sound so heavenly right now! Feel free to FedEx a few over here anytime soon. ;)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. très jolies photos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.