View My Stats

Monday 22 August 2011

"Each man should frame life so that at some future hour fact and his dreaming meet" - Victor Hugo

It hasn't really sunk in yet that the item at the top of my bucket list is about to be ticked off.  But not without work and sacrifice.

What's been new with me?

3 jobs.  A complete style overhaul. Constant racing around town.  Overcommitting.  Stress. A return to the gym (exercise makes me feel alive). Anxiety. A forcedly really well kept to-do list - what a revelation.  A diary to keep track of my life in 30 minute blocks.  And I'm not even a high flying, in demand celebrity.  Working hard for 3 months to get to do something I've always wanted to do?  TOTALLY WORTH IT!

For the past 3.5 weeks I've also had a house guest.  Someone who knows someone who knows someone I know.  Who packed a backpack to come to the other side of the world for love only to be told at the airport that he was feeling flat?  Cue 3 nights of sleeping on strangers couches which broke my heart, so I took her in.  The least I could do was provide a warm bed, some dinners and lend an ear.  I hope I was a good host.

Another Melbourne winter is coming to a close.  Another Melbourne winter of me defaulting to layers of knits.  I've had this picture handy for inspiration but haven't mastered being warm and stylish just yet... I'll try again next year... Summer is better.

via the sartorialist

via the sartorialist

via tumblr

2 comments:

  1. I bet you were a great host. Chunky knits look fab, loving the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:52 am

    An interesting discussion is worth comment.
    I think that you need to write more on this subject,
    it may not be a taboo matter but generally
    people don't talk about these topics. To the next! Cheers!!

    Here is my weblog; Microsoft registry cleaner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.