View My Stats

Tuesday 29 November 2011

"Paris is always a good idea" - Sabrina

As I emerged from the Louvre the sun was shining for the first time since I arrived in Paris.  I hadn't planned to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, then I thought to myself... hang on, you're in PARIS, go atop the Eiffel Tower.  And I did. To watch the sunset.

Many misconceptions were cleared up about this magical city:

- the French are not rude. The service isn't friendly, it's professional. It's refreshing
- most people speak English.  Say bonjour and ask if they speak English in French and they will help out
- it is preposterously expensive to buy a drink at a cafe or restaurant (I paid 7 euro for a juice and 6.80 for a pot of green tea)
- the metro is meritorious. 12 euro for a 10 trip and trains on all lines run every two minutes day and night
- I heard that Paris was dirty. Not what I saw at all.
- macarons at Laduree trump those at Pierre Herme.  My favourite Laduree macaron is vanilla.
- walk into every store on Rue Montaigne and touch everything.  Nobody will mind.  And it's surprisingly more affordable than elsewhere

















4 comments:

  1. I want to be there right now. Wooow amazing shots of paris.
    Thank you for sharing hun.

    Much love,
    Trendy Melbourne xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent the evening going through your blog I love it so much, especially your travel posts! You're certainly encouraging my savings plan for travel in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:35 pm

    Really good post. Must be bookmarked:)
    My website - canapé design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.