View My Stats

Friday 23 December 2011

Recipe: Choc Chip Cookies

It's well past midnight and here I am baking cookies for my colleagues for our Christmas BBQ.  I'm terribly excited as we're "shutting shop" at midday and heading to a nearby park for a BBQ, prawns and champagne.  And it's going to be a warm and sunny day.  Happy!


I got home very late tonight as I went to the ballet (Swan Lake - wish it was Nutcracker), which didn't leave much time for cookie baking.  But I had promised everyone as I left the office.  What's a girl to do!?


These cookies are virtually fool proof and are very soft and fluffy. (provided that you do not overbake them like I did with the first batch tonight) Once lent is over, I'll be baking a round just for me.  It's torture with the smell wafting out of the oven and me surviving on carrot sticks and hummus.  But that's a story for another day.


Ingredients



150g melted, unsalted butter
100g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
300g flour (sifted)
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 x 300g choc chips


Preheat the oven to 160C
Whisk butter with sugar 
Add vanilla and eggs
Add flour and bicarb soda and slowly mix
Fold in choc chips and leave to rest in fridge for half an hour
Spoon a heaped table spoon of mixture on baking tray (ensure cookies are spread out as they do rise and expand)
Bake for 13-15 minutes


ENJOY!










5 comments:

  1. Allyapples10:16 am

    Crazy! I just baked the exact same recipe last night for my colleagues too :)

    Merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03 pm

    Yum, yum, yum they look good!!
    I'm such a sucker for choc chip cookies... gaaaaaaah

    I love the Nutcracker too, I think it's my favourite ballet.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! Love your blog. Would you like to follow each other? x
    http://viewsofnow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that batch looks amazing. Happy holiday season to you and hope you are enjoying your break from work. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. wants them. at midnight?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.