View My Stats

Wednesday 4 July 2012

"Happiness is a place between too little and too much" - Finnish proverb


"A large part of getting organised is learning to act from a place of self-esteem:  knowing 
what we want and taking care of ourselves...."

I've surprisingly really enjoyed this year of figuring myself out and taking time out to repair.  I spent my early 20's hurrying along, doing everything but really not getting much of the important stuff done.  I was pretty much forced to stop and reassess this year.

Although I have my moments I do feel that I am finally growing into myself and not doubting any decisions that I make.  I trust myself almost completely.  There are no voids for shopping to fill.  I am warm.  And I am nice to people.  I make things work.  If life has taught me anything, it's to hang on.  Because things have a strange way of working out in the end.  Somehow.  

This year has gone much too fast though.  When I headed out to look for a new salad bowl on my nowadays rare trip to the shops last week, I was startled to see a sea of pastel tank tops and 3/4 neon jeans that I am not ready for.  But I guess a year taken to reflect and heal may just prove to be the most life changing yet.  I really hope so.


via tumblr

2 comments:

  1. Email me when you get a chance. I'd like to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:52 pm

    Hello I am so excited I found your weblog, I really found you by error, while I was researching
    on Digg for something else, Anyways I am here now and would
    just like to say kudos for a marvelous post and a all round
    exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I
    don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

    Stop by my web page: diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.