View My Stats

Monday 6 May 2013

Easter reflections and a recipe

If I thought that time went by quickly before, it's nothing compared to how quickly it goes now. I barely turn around and it's 4pm. But my head is so clear and my priorities are finally right. I've come to terms with getting nothing done and feeling okay about it. Caring and nurturing an infant is a task unto itself.



This bad boy has been decorating my desk for weeks and I finally cracked him open. And ate him in his entirety, immediately.



And that's my little muffin checking things out.



Of course I needed to bake a cake for Easter. One that could be baked with one hand using ingredients already in the fridge and pantry, so I made something up.

- 150g butter at room temperature
- 100g sugar
- generous tablespoon of honey
- 2 eggs
- 180g almond meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder

An icing would have been lovely, but this way the cake can be popped into a container and enjoyed for a few days with tea or coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Dem cheeeeeks!!!! Happy Easter! Love cakes with yoghurt as an ingredient.
    www.lasscreative.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.