View My Stats

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Mid week thought


Weekly treat for self - fresh flowers.


I am slowly getting my groove back.  The first month back at work was hard.  I didn't know where my place in the workplace was and I didn't know how Ariana was fitting into her new environment.  We missed one another. Picking her up is the highlight of my day.  The bear hug and the smile that greets me when she sees me.  She fills my life with so much endless joy.  She is a delight in every sense of the word.    

But my work has been a huge part of my identity for so long.  I had worked so hard and then suddenly stopped. I went on a physical, emotional and financial hiatus.  And if I'm honest I'm sloooowly enjoying being back to the old me.  The days I get to wear the long forgotten skirts and dresses from the back of my wardrobe and shoes that don't have to be sand pit appropriate.  There are many responsibilities inherent in being a good parent, including providing financially for a child.  And emotionally and spiritually.  It's all consuming and never ending.  But it's actually really rewarding.  More rewarding than any other aspect of my life.  

It's nice to have some small indulgences to myself.  I gave myself a small allowance and added some great new pieces to my wardrobe.  I shut off all personal expenditure last year and am thoroughly enjoying small treats for myself again.  My favourite right now is a bunch of fresh flowers every week or so.   Picking out a bunch doesn't require any more time away from my little girl.  Unlike a pedicure.

I had a bit of a play with my blog this week and was amazed to learn that nearly 2,000 unique visitors read this thing.  So tweet me, email me, comment... what would you like to read more about?  Tell me! Maybe I should do some outfit posts?  Yes, I think I will!

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Outfit posts. I'm loving the chance to get dressed up for work!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see outfit posts now that you are heading back to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mix of things you blog about now, outfits and random thinkings.... I'd love to see it more frequently though I imagine you are a littttllle bit time poor now you have gone back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.