View My Stats

Wednesday 12 November 2014

'I like being a woman, even in a man’s world. After all, men don't wear dresses, but we can wear the pants.' - Whitney Houston

photo via the coveteur 



I just love that quote by Whitney Houston.  Do you find that people are judgemental about what others wear?  I do.  Wasn't Steve Jobs' black turtle neck a hot topic every time he launched a new product?  Although these days I'm often in loose jeans or shorts when I'm at home, the days in the office are always spent in a dress or skirt and heels.  Heels are non negotiable.  I even wore heels while I was pregnant.  I certainly didn't suffer.  Life is too short to wear uncomfortable shoes so when I do find the right pair they come home with me and they're worn to death.  I do get tired of the arguments that caring about your clothes and how you look invalidates your ability to be good at your job.  My overall looks add to my power.  It makes me feel more like myself without it impacting my professional skills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.